Investment Income Earned and Exemptions Applicable

If you have investments and you receive the following certificates from your bank or investment house, you will need to submit this as part of your income tax return

IT3(b)- Interest income (foreign and local), dividend income, property dividends and profit shares etc etc

IT3(c)- Gains and losses on local and foreign investments

Dividend statement- Gross and net dividends received and tax paid on dividends received

IT3(s)- Tax-free investment certificate


The good news is, you have interest exemptions

64 years and younger- R23800 per annum

65 years old and older- R34500 per annum


Contacts us at or 0116581324 if you need any assistance or would like us to submit your tax return.

Annja Louca