Tax Season for the 2017 Tax Year Opens On 1st July
The tax season opens for the 2017 tax year on the 1st of July 2017.
Thank you if you have sent your income tax information already and we will attend to your return as soon as possible.
If you haven’t sent your information yet and you would like us to prepare and submit your return please forward us the following information:
- IRP5’s from all employers
- IT3’s (a-c) for all sources of income
- Interest certificates other that IT3’s
- Retirement annuity contribution certificate
- Medical aid contribution certificate
- Additional medical expenses paid that were not claimed through the medical aid. – This is currently a hot topic for SARS to audit so please ensure that additional expenses claimed were not claimed through the medical aid already and that you have proof of payment for these expenses.
NB: All medical expenses should be in the name of the taxpayer. If it is in the name of the dependent, SARS will disallow it because they say that the defendant can also claim these expenses (double deduction).
- Schedule and supporting documentation of other income earned and expenses deductible relating to this income.
o As you know this is currently a hot topic for SARS to audit and we require you participation in ensuring all expenses can be supporting and is a valid business expense
- Capital gains or losses made on sale or disposal of fixed assets
- Dividend tax paid certificate.
- Donation certificate with valid PBO number.
- Travel log – we can’t generate this for you. It is illegal , but we will gladly send you a travel log template that you can use to generate this logbook. SARS requires you to submit a logbook and might request this from us.
- Any other document that might be relevant to your personal income situation i.e. out of country confirmation letter from employer, letter from school indicating disability
If you have not received one of the above documents as yet, please request this from your employer, investment fund or medical aid to ensure that you receive all this information timeously.
If you have any queries on what you need/outstanding or just general queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0116581324 or email@example.com
Let’s get everything submitted to SARS as soon as possible to avoid frustration.