Exempt Micro Entitiy Letter
I am sure you are wondering what the requirements are for small businesses and BEE.
Small businesses that have a turnover of less than R10 000 000 only need to do this affidavit as below and have this signed by a commissioner of oath.
This is no longer a certificate issued by a professional institute and you don’t need to pay for this any longer
If your business turnover is higher than R10 000 000 then you will need to be accredited by a person registered with SANAS.
Please see here.
SWORN AFFIDAVIT – B-BBEE EXEMPTED MICRO ENTERPRISE
I, the undersigned,
Full name & Surname
Hereby declare under oath as follows:
1. The contents of this statement are to the best of my knowledge a true reflection of the facts.
2. I am a member / director / owner of the following enterprise and am duly authorised to act on its behalf:
3. I hereby declare under oath that:
- The enterprise is ______________% black owned;
- The enterprise is ______________% black woman owned;
- Based on the management accounts and other information available on the _______ financial year, the income did not exceed R10,000,000.00 (ten million rands);
- Please confirm on the table below the B-BBEE level contributor, by ticking the applicable box.
100% black owned - Level One (135% B-BBEE procurement recognition)
More than 51% black owned - Level Two (125% B-BBEE procurement recognition)
Less than 51% black owned - Level Four (100% B-BBEE procurement recognition)
4. The entity is an empowering supplier in terms of the dti Codes of Good Practice.
5. I know and understand the contents of this affidavit and I have no objection to take the prescribed oath and consider the oath binding on my conscience and on the owners of the enterprise which I represent in this matter.
6. The sworn affidavit will be valid for a period of 12 months from the date signed by commissioner.
Commissioner of Oaths
Signature & stamp